Data protection policy
Protecting your personal data during its collection, processing, and use during your visit to our website is very important to us. We treat your personal data as confidential and in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations and this data protection policy.
2 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, you will find information relating to the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data which can be used to identify you personally; for example, name, postal address, electronic mail addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible according to Article 4 Section 7 GDPR is:
(3) Name and address of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the data controller is:
Mr Alexander Hess
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +49 151 61497722
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you only use the website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log in to use the website, register or otherwise provide us with information, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 Section 1 letter f GDPR):
- IP address (anonymised)
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Request status/HTTP status code
- Respective volume of data transferred
- The website making the request
- Operating system and device
- Language and version of browser software
The logged data will not be merged with other data sources; in particular, data that can be assigned to a specific person.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you are using and through which the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website and our services use the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or any cookies. However, please note that, if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) In general, the cookies that require consent are only set after you have given your consent in the Cookie Notice. You can also use the following buttons to change your selection at any time.
Change cookie settings
(5) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
The legal basis is Article 6 Section 1 Letter b of the GDPR (performance of the contract) or Article 6 Section 1 Letter a of the GDPR (consent).
Without your consent, we only use personal data to the extent permitted by law; that is, for customer relations management and for sending advertising by post/mail. We do not use your email address, fax number, or telephone number for advertising without your express consent. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Section 1 Letter b of the GDPR (performance of the contract) or Article 6 Section 1 Letter a of the GDPR (consent).
You can object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct mail advertising at any time and you will then no longer receive any advertising from us.
4 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to correction or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
5 Additional functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer different services, which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must provide additional personal data, which we will use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we will use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, and they are bound by our instructions and checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, contracts, or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information about this in the description of the offer below or when you provide your personal data to us.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
6 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given consent for the processing of your data, you may revoke it at any time. If you exercise this right, it will affect our ability to process your personal data to which you have given your consent.
(2) Insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing of your personal data. This is the case if processing is not necessary, particularly for fulfilling a contract with you. This is described in the following descriptions of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have been doing. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing the data.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your objection to the processing for advertising purposes via the following contact information: contact.
7 External links
For your optimal information, you will find links on our site that refer to third party sites. As far as this is not obvious we will point out that this is an external link. The website provider does not have any influence on the contents and the layout of the pages of external providers and therefore refers to their data protection policies. The guarantees of this data protection statement naturally do not apply to such sites.
As of 23 September 2021